1/14 sport scale model kit
Celebrating the Golden Era of Aviation
When the Douglas DC-3 debuted in 1935, it marked a milestone in commercial aviation. Suddenly, flying was popular and practical. Production ended just eleven years later, but the DC-3 lives on in this expertly engineered kit. If you've never built scale or flown a twin, it's a great introduction!
- Handles like an advanced sport plane, with large aileron, rudder and elevator surfaces for easier piloting.
- Each engine functions independently-and is aligned to help keep the model controllable if one engine quits.
- Easy-to-install, precision-formed ABS parts add such scale details as cockpit top, tail cone, engine nacelles and wing fairings.
- Detailed manual explains how to install optional, customized semi-scale retracts (TOPQ8276).
- Can be built with split flaps and scale rudder for added authenticity.
- Includes extra decal markings for military C-47 version.
- IMAA-legal 82.5" span.
[ Check out reviews by R/C Scale International & R/C Modeler Magazine and R/C Report's Design Article ]
The DC-3 has a round fuselage, yet with its large diameter-and Top Flite's smart engineering-assembly goes smoothly. There's almost no time-consuming carving or shaping, and the interlocking frame builds flat on the plans.
The cockpit top of the DC-3 is made of precision-formed ABS plastic. For quick access to the hidden on-board radio switches, charge jack and battery, all you have to do is remove this one piece.
Using included parts and plans, experienced builders can reproduce the complex angles of the full-size DC-3's rudder hinge line. It's one of several options to maximize scale accuracy.
The right engine gets 4° of right thrust...the left engine, 3° of left thrust. If an engine goes out in flight–no matter which one–this offset helps you maintain control over the model.
82.5 in (2095 mm)
750 in² (48.8 dm²)
8-10 lb (3630-4540 g)
24.6-30.7 oz/ft² (75-94 g/dm²)
55.5 in (1410 mm)
2-stroke .25-.40 cu in or 4-stroke .40-.52 cu in engine & 4-8 channel radio with 6-9 servos (2 micro)
Suggested MonoKote Colors:
3 rolls Aluminum (TOPQ0205), 1 roll Sky Blue (TOPQ0206), 1 roll Insignia Blue (TOPQ0207)