This classic is our largest kit ever!
Between the dark days of the Depression and WWII an aviation legend was born. The brainchild of E.A. "Eddie" Stinson, the SR-9 was a class act, a "looker" with style, yet designed to go the distance in powerful, practical performance.
But more than a stylish aircraft with staying power, the SR-9 was a shining example of pride and excellence in craftsmanship, a combination celebrated in Top Flite's kit for the Scale Craftsman.
- Rewards craftsman builders' investments of time, talent and TLC with a sport scale masterpiece that flies as good as it looks
- Ideal for detailing! Created with plans scaled from exacting 3-views
- Includes preformed ABS parts: a radial cowl; gear, strut and tailwheel fairings; wheel pants; and inspection plates
|Just as the full-size SR-9 was in its heyday, Top Flite's 100.5" span version offers larger-than-life looks blended with solid, powerful performance. |
- Features all-wood parts, Gold Edition-engineered for better fits, greater strength and simpler structures
- Eases transportation problems with a 2-piece wing design—and access to hidden wing bolts in the cabin with cabin doors that open!
- Provides servo mounts in each wing panel to shorten and tighten linkages, and speed and strengthen control response
- Compatible with a wide range of finishing methods for authentic Golden Age good looks
- Wing blends from a "Clark Y" airfoil at the root to a Selig 8036 airfoil to provide comforting stability and graceful aerobatics
- Adapts to a wide range of 2-stroke, 4-stroke and gasoline engines for customized performance.
A 2-piece, plug-in wing provides a practical solution to transportation realities, and reinforcement to an already strong wing attachment system.
The optional Cabin Interior Kit (TOPQ8409) adds a wealth of detail for a modest investment. Ideal for building in or adding on.
[ Check out reviews by R/C Scale International, R/C Modeler Magazine & Model Airplane News ]
100.5 in (2550 mm)
1487 in² (95.9 dm²)
16-25 lb (7260-11340 g)
24.8-38.7 oz/ft² (76-118 g/dm²)
67.8 in (1720 mm)
4-5 channel radio with 6-8 servos, 2-stroke 1.08-1.99
cu in, 4-stroke 1.2-1.6 cu in (19.5-26), or 25-35 cc (1.5-2.0
cu in) gasoline engine, glow fuel, glow starter and support equipment
Suggested MonoKote Colors:
Dark Red & Black
Recommended Scale Option:
Cabin Interior Kit (TOPQ8409)
Stinson Reliant FAQ